Thursday, January 15, 2009

Travelling with a baby...

As some of you know, Chris and I are heading to Phoenix to visit my Mom and Dad the first week of February. This will be Aubree's 2nd airplane ride but the first time around she was only a few months old so I am alittle worried about how this one will go. I do not travel well as I get airsick so I take gravel which puts me to sleep, so Chris might have his hands full. She is at that age where she doesn't want to sit she just wants to walk around but hopefully there will be enough going on that she will keep her distracted.
I am also concerned about packing for the trip, I always over pack as I don't want to not have something that I could have used and Chris isn't much better so I am going to make a list of things we need and I am going to stick to it! I'm not going to take that much for Aubree because we plan on doing some shopping while we are down there anyways so she can wear some of those clothes. My mom and dad have a trailer down there so we don't have to worry about staying in a hotel room but still there is lots of things we will need for her. But it should all be worth it when we get there and it is nice and hot, I can't wait because with the weather here Aubree and I have been pretty much holed in. Hopefully it will be a bit milder when we get home and we won't have anymore deep freezes.
Yesterday, I was babysitting my nephew Deklan in the morning. It was lots of fun although I did realize that I have much busier times ahead for myself as he goes non-stop! He is also at the age where everything is his and he doesn't quite understand sharing and Aubree is at the age where she realizes when people take things from her. So after a few times of Aubree crying because Deklan wanted the toy she was playing with I decided I would put them on our toy car together. It was very cute and I got a great video, so here it is:

Don't worry no one was hurt, but it was hilarious!!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

lol! That was so funny!

Anonymous said...

She fall down and go boom!

Oh Brooke, I watched that many times!

Heather

Anonymous said...

She drives like me!

Brooke said...

Oh I hope not Julie or Mommy and Daddy should start saving now!!

Anonymous said...

Some advice for Chris on traveling with Aubree... make sure she's hungry so you can feed her on the plane for both take off & landing. "THEY" say it helps with their ears which is the biggest issue. It worked for Bri the first time we flew home... but that was SOOOOO long ago, times have changed since then!!