Sunday, January 17, 2010

False Hope and The Wait

So I am almost at 39 weeks now and am feeling really good except for the fact that this baby likes to keep me guessing. With Aubree I basically had no signs of starting labour until the day it began and although that was 10 days after her due date I am beginning to think that I preferred that to all this false labour crap. I have had periods of contractions that will last for a few hours and start to get close together and in my back and I think "okay this is it", we get everything ready to go, call everyone and put them on alert and then nothing, they just disappear!! So frustrating. Of course these episodes usually happen in the night, so I have not been getting much sleep, nor has Chris. Hopefully this will all be over soon and we can joke about it with the baby when they get older but for now I don't think I would wish this on my worst enemy!
Chris and I are really anxious to see this little one and see if it looks like Aubree or is completely different. It's funny how genetics works, so you never know, this one could be fair haired when it is born or even bald. Hopefully though it is as good natured and easy going as Aubree was as a baby, because we would truly be blessed then!! :)

No comments: